1. TALLINN, ESTONIA One of Europe’s best-preserved medieval cities, Tallinn is definitely romantic. Famed for its ancient stone walls, winding, cobbled streets and torchlit alleys. Tallinn’s markets are a shopper’s paradise for couples to bring home souvenirs, while the Pakri Islands are a peaceful getaway.
2. MALTA Honeymooners can delve into Malta’s mysterious history, retrace the footsteps of St. Paul or see where the Knights of St. John defended Christendom. For romance, couples can sail the crystal blue waters, and discover private coves. Malta is a tranquil and picturesque paradise for those in love.
3. LISBON, PORTUGAL Bustling with colourful walls, intricate balconies, and Fado music, Lisbon is sure to keep you enchanted. Relish the magic of Sintra, one of the most beautiful towns in the world. Or enjoy a ride in a horse-drawn carriage and discover the mysteries of the Quinta da Regaleira. In Óbidos, a town designed for regal lovers, travel back in time to a period when courting was an art.
4. VILNIUS, LITHUANIA Vilnius’ unique essence lies in its architecture. For those looking for an adventure Vilnius offers an array of activities—from horseback riding to skydiving. Romance literally simmers when you soar over the city in a hot-air balloon, sipping champagne. It is a must for new couples to visit the Užupis Bridge where lovers hang padlocks with their names engraved. It is believed that the padlock ties and strengthens the hearts of people in love.
5. PAPHOS, CYPRUS Legends have crowned Paphos town as the seventh heaven of romance. The revered Goddess of love and passion, Aphrodite, was born here. With its pleasant harbour and medieval fort, the town today combines a cosmopolitan holiday resort, spectacular countryside and historical sites.